Here’s a list of features that users can take advantage of in Knovel's new Interactive Tables
- Mouse-over tooltips are available for all function buttons, and for column headings and cell contents
- Column widths are user-controllable- if a column heading or cell contents exceed the default width of the column, you have two options:
- Manually increase the width of the column by clicking and dragging,
- Hover your mouse over the column heading or cell contents.
- Drag and Drop- column display orders may be changed by dragging and dropping the column.
- Sorting and show/hide columns are available by clicking on the downward-pointing arrow at the right of any column heading. Show/hide updates dynamically, without requiring a full-screen refresh
- No more checkboxes. The checkboxes for selecting rows are gone. Rows are now selected by clicking on them.
Sort Columns with a single click
Show/Hide columns easily by selecting/deselecting from the list
The checkboxes for selecting rows are gone. Rows are now selected by clicking on them.
As with other selections in windows, SHIFT selects all rows in a contiguous “block,” CTRL selects non-contiguous rows. Doing either of these, and then clicking the Select Rows link displays only the rows selected
Select rows easily by clicking on the column, or using SHIFT-Click and CTRL-Click to select all or non-contiguous rows.
What has not changed:
- Printing and exporting- Filtering, sorting, rearranging of columns, and/or selecting of rows are reflected in what exports and prints. You get what you need, arranged the way you want it.
- The links to View Table Notes, Return to TOC, Help, and Unit Converter still work the same.
- Tables are still filtered by your search criteria, and cells which match those criteria are still highlighted with background color.
- Filter Data still works the same way, as does Cancel Filter.
- You still have the option to view All Data or Data Found